Pudina Pachadi - Mint Chutney
Ms V Geeta
Contributor's email for Queries
Note : Following is not a Video Recipe link. It's only a Photo
- Pudina : 2 cups
- Tomato : 1 big
- Oil : 2 -3 tblspn
- Salt : as required
- Spice powder : 1 tblspn
- Tamarind : small marble size
- Mustard : 1 tspn
- Cumin : 1 tspn
- Urad dal : 1 tspn
- Asefoetida : a pinch
- Curry leaves : 2 strigs
Ingredients for spice powder :
- Red chillies : 6-7
- Dhania seeds : 1 tblspn
- Cumin(jeera) : 1 tblspn
- Chana dal (senagapappu) : 1 tblspn
- Fenugreek seeds : 5-6
- Garlic : 6 pods
Preparing spice powder:
1. Heat 1/2 tblspn of oil in a pan, fry all the ingredients of spice powder ( except garlic) in a low flame until they become golden brown color.
2. Cool them and grind along with garlic using a mixer grinder to form a fine powder .
3.Soak tamarind in a little water.
1. Heat 1 1/2 tblspn of oil in a pan. When the oil gets heated , add pudina leaves and saute them till they become soft.
2.Add chopped tomatoes ,salt and and saute till the tomatoes turn soft.
3.Once they become soft ,turn off the stove ,let them cool down.
4.Grind them along with the spice powder and tamarind using a mixer grinder to a fine paste like chutney .
4.Prepare the seasoning ( popu) by heating one tblspn of oil. When the oil is popping hot, add mustard , cumin seeds. When they begin to splutter, add a pinch of asefoetida ,urad dal ,curry leaves and fry till they turn golden brown.
5.Add the seasoning to the chutney and mix well.
Tips / Points to Remember
Add tomatoes after the mint leaves are completely sauteed. Because once you add tomatoes they will not saute completely.
Gayatri garu ,
Thanks for posting my first recipe in your website.I am sending one more recipe to your wish list. I specially learned this recipe from my mother-in law to send the recipe to your wish list.
Thanks & Regards,