I am hosting Video Recipes which I have been preparing in my "VANTILLU" (Kitchen) for more than 25 years since my marriage. I use both Gas Stove & Micro-wave Oven. You would also find me using standard measuring cups and a small weighing scale for Precision Cooking (See Kitchen Aids).
I'm providing a recipe convertor on my all my recipe-pages to
facilitate to conversions from grams to cups or Celsius to Fahrenheit
etc. For more sophisticated conversions based on densities click online converter link provided in each page.Recipes
shown in my webiste are
prepared from commonly available vegetables, pulses, cereals, spices.
These recipes are cooked in my ordinary kitchen. A few recipes contributed by my viewers are listed at Wish-List.
intention is to
wean away people from Restaurants and Packaged Foods and encourage them to prepare "Home made
Food"."Cooking Simplified is Fun" is the lead slogan of my website. Through lucid explanation of culinary tips I want to make
cooking, a simple fun.
Cooking at home and feeding the family members
with these tasty dishes brings in healthy life-style. I believe in Mother Teresa's words "Family that Eats
together and Prays together Stays together".
In each recipe, I discuss the proportions of all ingredients (except salt which is to be added as per individual's choice - see blow). If these ingredients are put in the suggested proportions and all the steps meticulously followed, one should surely succeed in replicating the dish which I prepared in my kitchen. And... this serves my objective!!!
I am a Vegetarian. I don't cook non-vegetarian recipes.
I have consciously chosen to give my video narration is in Telugu and at the same time to provide text of the recipe in English. By reading the text and watching my
video, Non-Telugus also can follow my recipes. In short,
language in the videos shouldn't be a barrier to understand what I want
to convey through my videos. For more details you may like to read "Why My Videos are in Telugu?"
nice if you BLOG your outcomes on the recipes you attempted. If you have succeeded,
let others know - so that they can confidently try that recipe. If
you fail, then also let the world know, so that others would take the
requisite precautions before attempting the new dish. Your blogging
gives me an opportunity to identify the pit falls, if any, and suggest
corrective measures. I encourage blogging
and would respond faster to the
queries raised there. I have decided not to respond to queries on
Youtube Channel, because often these queries are raised by viewers
without going through the text of the recipe given on my website.
Mine is a one woman show where I am the Chef, Director, Photographer, Playback, Sound Mixer, Editor and what not? I have adopted for photo-shoot mode to host my recipes. Through this method, I am able to carry the camera with my left hand, right into the frying pan, while the right hand is busy cooking. I am able to clearly show the action in the frying pan for every step. It would be difficult to hold a movie camera all through with one hand and it cannot go as close to the frying pan as a still camera does (because the water vapor blinds the lenses). Through this photo-shoot method, I also believe that my viewers attention would remain focused on the recipe and action in the frying pan. It doesn't get distracted to what I wear, how I look, what interior my kitchen has etc. Thus, I feel photo-shoot-style is more functional compared to a movie mode.
I belong to an Indian economic middle-class. My Kitchen, Utensils and Kitchen Aids also represent the same. The gadgets are functionally oriented rather than fashionable. Some of them are older to our wedding date!!! Their display would be average. Emphasis of my video would be more on the recipe content, exact measurements of ingredients , process involved etc. My videos lack the luster of costly cut-glass and ceramic ware under arc-lamps.
Enjoy to Cook & Serve -- Eat Fresh & Limited Exercise Regularly -- Stay Fit & Healthy
Eat daily Good Delicious Home made Food in Limited quantities so as to "Live Longer to Eat" . Adopt Life Style Change discussed in this website to maintain good "FIGURE and HEALTH". Enjoy the fun of simplified cooking.
Try to manage your home without servants,maids and cooks!!
Do physical exercise everyday to be healthy.
Click below to know how to
I had the youngsters in mind when I launched Gayatrivantillu. My target group were students, bachelors, forced bachelors, newly married etc., who were far away from home and didn’t have enough time to discuss culinary topics with their mothers and wives back at home.
To my surprise I found that my target group has spanned wider, with new viewership coming from their friends, mothers, and grandparents too!! When I shared this information with my father-in-law he jocularly remarked “Oh…. Gayatri Vantillu has come of age!!!”. From the feedback, I learn that Over the this website has moved right into the kitchens and videos are now playing on laptops / Tabs / Mobiles / Smart phones / Chrome Notebooks etc.
I acknowledge the following who influenced in making of this GAYATRI VANTILLU. Their contribution was either direct or indirect in terms of ideas, thoughts, technical support etc. The list is just Illustrative. The order in which they have been indicated is definitely not the ranking order
- Shri Sanjay Thumma, the Chef of www.vahrehvah.com from whom I have been benefited with lots of tips and recipes. As a token of acknowledgement, I named a Paneer dish "Paneer Vahrehvah" in my recipe collection.
- Smt. Manjula Jain for Rasagulla in her www.manjulaskitchen.com and many more of her dishes
- Smt Sudha Kulkarni for Micro-wave cooking esp the Modaks video is too good
- The Talkative Sanjeev Kapoor for his TV show on preparation of Shrikhand
- Tarala Dalal the prolific Recipe writer for her books
- Nirmala Tilak, Vasanta Murthy, Joyti Nikunj Parekh, Malati Chandoor, Aneri etc are only a few names, while many have have contributed to the culiniary science.
- Dr. Shikha Sharma for her book on less oil cooking menus
- My friends Vidya W/O Shri MR Gopal for Molakuttal & Avial, Devi W/o Shri DK Routray for Paneer Dish, Deepa Bhabhi W/O Shri PK Pandey & Pandeys' Late "Maaji" for Rotis, Manju Bhabhi W/O Shri Harish Jawa for Gobi Paraantha, Anuradha W/O Shri K Mohan for Ice-cream.
- Mr Sandeep S/O Shri BGK Acharyulu for the web address www.gayatrivantillu.com
- Dr. SS Rao, my uncle who inspires me for keeping myself busy
- Master M Srikanth (BoBBo) having inspired me for video making
- My Mother and Mother-in-law who have been giving tips on cooking
- Smt Tulasi should find a place here because she has given me the Tati pallu and similarly Smt Prabha and her in-laws who have given me Farm bonfire Roasted Tegalu. There were my friendly neighbors at Vizianagaram.
- My husband for his website maintenance and my son for his software and moral support
- Many many other resources on the internet, media, cooker books etc
- Last but not the least - My viewers whose support constantly kept me motivated
I believe that no interaction goes waste and there is something to learn from old and young always.
Click here to get Flash Player plug-in for your browser so as to see my videos. If needed download Java plug-in to make convertor functional on the web-pages. You also need to have audio devices for my audio playback.